Wednesday 23 July 2014

Pho Pasteur, Parramatta


Pho Pasteur is a well known restaurant in Parramatta.  There's a copy cat on Argyle St as well which is a cleaner version.  I like to go to both for different reasons.  I line the original store on Church St because I think the Pho (Noodle Soup) broth is amazing and full of flavour.


This restaurant has been in Parramatta forever.  Apparently it's famous in Saigon according to the spoon.

The regular size of Pho Tai is $11.50 (Noodle soup with Raw Beef) and is more than adequate for your average appetite. The broth is full of flavour and packs a punch of flavour. Compliment the flavours of the broth with thai basil, lemon, chili and bean sprouts!  If you love the classic pho flavours, you can also add more hoisin sauce and thick chili sauce.


If you read through all my Vietnamese blogs, you'll see that I order the Vietnamese pancake when I can because I love it! It's generally full of bean sprouts, a touch of pork and a few rare prawns ($14.50). The Pho Pasteur Church St version is good but the Argyle restaurant may just win over on this dish.



I think the pancake is best enjoyed within some rice paper rolls so for a fee of about $2.50 then you can order some rice paper and roll up the goodness of the pancake with some lettuce.  Alternatively, you can put the pancake in the lettuce and use that as the wrapper to dip into the fish sauce based sauce.

Prices: $11 to $15 for mains

Location: 137 Church St, Parramatta. I suggest you park in Westfields



Pho Pasteur on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment