Wednesday 6 August 2014

Mad Mex, DFO, Homebush



If it wasn't situated in a food court, I probably would have been convinced that this was a local mexican restaurant somewhere in the burbs or within a pub.  Max Mex in Homebush was brightly lit up with decorations not worthy of the food court.  I haven't been to Max Mex before so I had no expectations.


Spice up your life (and meal) with the hot sauce.  It's a cut above the "hot" sauce which I thought was mild so go nuts if you are a fan of spice.  I used a little bit of hot sauce in the chicken quesadilla ($10.90) that came with a bit of salsa, hot sauce (which was mild) and cream. It was a nice lunch, probably on par with Guzmez Y Guzman, another mexican chain.  You can't really go wrong with toasted tortillas, cheese, chicken and sauces. Yum.  I love the El Loco version too.  See my blog here

The three hard tacos of steak, chicken and chorizo ($9.90) were not bad with avocado ($2 extra).  The quesadilla was much more tasty. The mexican cola tasted like a pepsi but I had to try it out of curiousity.

Prices: $10 to 12 for mains

Location: DFO Homebush.  This one is in the entertainment book Sydney and Sydney North where you can buy one main and you get one free!

Quesdilla

Corona lighting

Trio of tacos

Max Mex on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment