Thursday 25 September 2014

Hurricanes Grill and Bar, Top Ryde

Hurricanes is easily the most popular restaurant in Top Ryde.  Mouth watering ribs, an assort of meats whether that's your steaks, chicken or everything in one. I had a really high quality meal but it wasn't quite up to the usual standards of Hurricanes apparently.


Hurricanes Grill and Bar is a household name initially opening in Bondi and extending to other suburbs.  The Hurricanes at Top Ryde is always very busy with mad queues.   I have never experienced the glory of Hurricanes until today.  To celebrate, I started with a refreshing cold beer.

My eating partner was a bit silly and put some sun glasses on the beer.


My eating companion and I shared half a rack of pork ribs with a Portuguese style cooked chicken. He tells me the ribs are good but something was missing. It was missing the exact desired taste that he had previously had at Bondi and Darling Harbour.

Regardless, we still had a delicious meal. The ribs were succulent and full of flavour.  I've been advised to only order the pork ribs as the beef and chicken just do not compare.  The chicken was nice but not really Portuguese flavoured. The chicken wasn't too different from the ribs actually.

The chips were amazing with the ribs and chicken.  The beer topped the fulfilling meal and made for the ultimate refreshment. I had a nice meal. I'm eager to try the Bondi and Darling Harbour version.

The photo below speaks for itself.

Prices: About $40 per person

Location: Top Ryde Shopping Piazza at Corner Devlin Street and Blaxland Road, Ryde NSW 2112



Hurricane's Grill & Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment