Friday 17 October 2014

Masuya Japanese Restaurant. Sydney



Masuya is a fancy Japanese restaurant ideal for that special dinner with that special someone.  I've been here several over the years and I've enjoyed every experience.

The Masuya restaurant has great ambience with great lighting, jazz music in the background and decore that shouts "a bit posh". The Masuya menu has a number of traditional Japanese dishes.


To start off with, I had the "Sashimi Ocean 5" at $16.80.  This beautiful dish had tuna, kingfish, salmon and two varieties of fish of the day served on ice.  The sashimi is fresh and nicely sliced in a thick slab.



For main, I ordered the Karaage Chicken at $17.80 which was a deep fried marinated chicken thigh fillet with soy and mirin served with sweet chili garlic sauce. The chicken was nice but not the amazing kind of Karaage I've had at other restaurants such as Ryo's in Crow's Nest. I also prefer a mayonnaise rather than a sweet chili sauce. I would probably give this one a miss.

I also had the Wagy Beef Miso (230g) at $34.80 which was a marble score no.7 sirloin with miso paste sauce. The beef was perfectly cooked with a touch of pink in the middle. It was very tender and juicy. I loved it. The miso sauce was ok but the meat was beautiful.

Prices: 30-40 per head

Location: 14 O'Connell St, Sydney





Masuya Japanese Seafood on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment