Thursday 21 May 2015

Mamasita, Melbourne


Mouth watering flavours and deliciousness are waiting for you at Mamasita. Up the stair way, get there early for a seat. For you corn lovers, start with some corn chips, salsa and guac ($9, above). I really like the corn chips so I order this every time I come here. The salsa is a thick paste as is avocado.

The corn cob ($4.9 for one, below) is very popular; titled "Elote Callejero" is char grilled corn with cheese, chipotle mayo and lime. It was a party in my mouth. full of flavours. I'd definitely recommend ordering the corn.

For another entree; I ordered the butterflied tiger prawns that were char grilled with a light salsa and topped with coriander. It was quite tasty but you are paying for two prawns at $13.





I also ordered a few tacos including the pig's cheek taco  ($6) and the prawn taco ($7). Each are very flavoursome in their own ways but the pig's cheek was my favourite. The taco tortillas are very savoury and floury. 

Prices: $40 per person plus drinks

Location: Up the stairs, 11 Collins St, Melbourne CBD

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 8/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 8/10
Value: 7/10



Mamasita on Urbanspoon Click to add a blog post for Mamasita on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment