Thursday 30 July 2015

Hutong Dumpling Bar, Melbourne CBD


Delicious dumplings await @ Hutong Dumpling Bar in Melbourne
Hutong is my favourite dumpling house in Melbourne. A lot of people will generally rave about the Xiao Long Bao (the soup filled pork steamed dumplings) and also the szechuan chili marinated dumplings (above, $10.80). The szwchuan chili dumplings are my favourite, they taste sweet and spicy at the same time. I have been coming to Hutong for years and these dumplings have always pleasured my taste buds.

On this occasion, I wanted to try some non-dumpling dishes so I ordered a crowd favourite in 
salt and pepper squid ($9.80). The squid was nice and similar to the salt and pepper squid that you would get at yum cha. I like the light batter and lightly salt/pepper flavours.



I also ordered the Szechaun chicken (below) which wasn't bad but wasn't particularly great. I'm not sure I would order this again. I think I'd prefer to stick to the dumpling dishes in future!

Prices: $30ish per head

Location: 14 Market Lane, Melbourne CBD. 

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 9/10 for casual dining
Customer Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10

Click to add a blog post for HuTong Dumpling Bar on Zomato

2 comments:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    carpet steam cleaning Neutral Bay
    End of lease cleaning Surry hills

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog post. Thanks for sharing this valuable information. looking forward to more such blogs from you. Keep posting,More about related blog please visit at https://www.montifoodandwine.com/menu/

    ReplyDelete