Tuesday 1 September 2015

3 Monkeys Cafe, Newcastle

3 Monkeys Cafe is located in the main strip of Newcastle and was buzzing with people.  It is rated quite highly on Urbanspoon/Zomato. Currently, it's sitting at almost 4/5 on Zomato. There aren't as many other cafes to compete with one another in Newcastle compared to Sydney so I wasn't sure what to expect.

I ordered the Wagyu Beef Burger with a side of fries ($17 above) which had double serving of smoked bacon, tomato, lettuce, pickles, aioli on a brioche bun. It was nice burger with a generous serving of bacon. The pattie was not too bad. Overall it was a decent burger compared to Sydney standards.

The chocolate milkshake below probably needed more chocolate flavouring.


I also ordered the vegetarian Corn Stack with Garlic Mushrooms ($17.5). There is also the option to have bacon instead of the mushrooms. The corn pancake-like cakes are topped with an avocado salsa and aioli. It was a great flavour combination and very tasty. A great brunch dish but a small portion for what you pay for.


3 Monkeys Cafe also has a nice range of teas if this is your 'cup of tea'. I had a nice blend of jasmin and green tea.  Overall 3 Monkeys Cafe is a nice spot for brunch or lunch if you are nearby or in the area.

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 7/10 for Casual Dining
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 6.5/10



Click to add a blog post for 3 Monkeys Cafe on Zomato

2 comments:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    carpet steam cleaning Paddington
    End of lease cleaning Pyrmont
    End of lease cleaning Mascot

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an amazing trip. Thanks for sharing. I have accepted a position at University of Newcastle. This blog helped me plan my stay in Newcastle. This cafe is reall amazing. I am very excited to explore Newcastle.

    ReplyDelete