Tuesday 8 September 2015

Firehouse, Burger Wednesday, North Sydney

There are weekly specials at the Firehouse in North Sydney. Wednesday is Burger day at $12. Is it worth checking out?

Firehouse in North Sydney has daily dinner specials, recently increased to $12 (from $10) with a purchase of a drink. This is a really bargain dinner deal and I hadn't tried one of their burgers yet.

Unfortunately the burgers taste a bit sub-par and left me wishing I had just ordered something else. I've had better experiences with food at Firehouse previously so I was utterly disappointed.

The beef burger (above) had quite a dry pattie which was lacking seasoning. The chips were not bad. The pulled pork burger (below) was over cooked, dry and stringy. This was a rare case where I actually didn't even want to eat the food. I was tempted to say something to the staff but I didn't really want anymore food. It ruined my reputation.

Now that 5 Points Burgers has opened in North Sydney, there's no way Firehouse can compete with their current quality standards of their burgers. Hopefully they can improve on this.

I'd suggest coming to Firehouse and ordering anything but the burgers! Sorry folks.




Click to add a blog post for Firehouse Hotel on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment