Tuesday 27 October 2015

Belly Bao, Sydney CBD

The youth of today are loving Belly Bao with a rating of 4.7/5 on Zomato.
Belly Bao is a trendy eatery within the Good God bar. Belly Bao attracts mostly a youthful teen crowd with the occasional older hipster. I arrive with my fellow corporate friend and we struggle to find a table among the youths who have gotten there earlier. A small crowd of teens run down the corridor of Good God and it was then I thought - I am old. I felt old because I was tempted to yell out to tell the youngin's to calm down.

Luckily, I am rescued by the delicious Baos and alcohol. I order the Panko Crumbed Chicken Breast Belly Bao which has lettuce, pickled radish, coriander, and coriander aioli ($6.5, top right). It's a delightful mouthful of flavours and I love the soft bao bread.

I also order the slow braised beef short rib Belly Bao  which has kim chi, spring onion and sesame mayo ($6.5, top left). This is my favourite bao out of the two. The flavours are striking and bounce around in my mouth.


The Baos are a perfect snack and I now understand why the youths come to Belly Bao for drinks and snacks. A lot of the bloggers are also fans of the Bao Burger which I've seen. They seem to be big fans.

I was also a big fan of the Sweet Potato Fries drizzled with chilli aioli ($7, below).  Slightly crispy chips are perfect with booze and accompany the baos well.  Overall, I'd suggest booking a table and allowing time for the food to be prepared as it can get very busy. Belly Bao is great for a snack and a few after work drinks. Check it out! A definite recommend.

Prices: Snacks $5-$10

Location: 53-55 Liverpool St, Sydney (within Good God).


Click to add a blog post for Belly Bao on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment