Thursday 22 October 2015

La Renaissance Cafe and Patisserie, The Rocks


I recently attended the celebration of La Renaissance CafĂ© and Patisserie to congratulate French-born pastry chef and co-owner Jean Michel Raynaud (pictured left, yes I was very excited), and founder and co-owner Sally Charkos’ incredible accolade of being inducted into the Relais Desserts.

So what is Relais Desserts? It's basically the equivalent of a Michelin Star, renowned for its rigorous selection process, with inclusion through invitation only. This means La Renaissance Cafe and Patisserie is the only accredited patisserie in the Southern Hemisphere. How exciting!

You can rely on the high quality and deliciousness of La Renaissance cafe and patisserie! I was looking forward to enjoying lots of their delightful tasty treats that night.

My absolute favourite though was the Le Roi Soleil (very top photo). The Le Roi Soleil is mango and mandarine mousse encasing a coconut cremeux, almond nougatine and almond sponge. 


WOW! What a sight of drool worthy treats! I was eagerly awaiting the taste of Goya Cake of raspberry mousseline and passionfruit cremeux; a Zulu Cake of Valrhona chocolate mousse with a salted choc caramel centre; and Jean Michel’s signature cake, Fraise de Venus, a pain d'epices base with strawberry cremeux, creme fraiche and lemon myrtle mousse, finished with an almond crunch. 

Many locals already know that the signature cakes are perfect for a posh birthday. I am not kidding you - every single treat I tried at this celebration was perfection. My waist line was forgotten and I was in heaven.

I didn't grab a photo but their savoury treats are also very popular. I loved the pork and fennel sausage roll and I have been told their croissant are very big sellers. 10/10 - congratulations to Jean Michel Raynaud and Sally Charkos!!


Weekendfoodescapes attended the celebration of La Renaissance Cafe and Patisserie as a guest.

La Renaissance Cafe Patisserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment