Sunday 15 November 2015

Kujin, Potts Point

 Japanese food lovers and the locals rate Kujin very highly.


Kujin is a local favourite with a high score of 4/5 on Zomato, located in Potts Point. Owner and Head Chef Naoki Fukushima (pictured above, right) has spent the last 9 years in Sydney and serves up a treat when it comes to Japanese delights. I stopped by to check out their dinner menu.

I absolutely loved the King Fish Carpaccio (top photo, $18) which has a home made dressing of yuzu, a light plum and ponzu. It's a zesty light sauce which allows you to enjoy the flavours of the King Fish. I recommend this dish for sure!

There's also a wide selection from their grilled teppanyaki menu and the highlight for me was this dish below ($29), which was the Wagyu Beef Steak which was cooked to perfection and was nice and pink in the middle! Accompanying the steak was mash potato topped with fried garlic as well as buttery sauteed mushrooms. The meat was very much melt in your mouth and so flavoursome. <3 total love for this dish. Another recommend dish for you!


I also tried some of their home made (it's home made daily) udon which is nice on a cold rainy day. It comes in a hot stone bowl. The broth is very subtle and may be bland for some. For those who like big flavours, I have some other recommended dishes below. There are some amazing okonomiyaki dishes. The Osaka style modern omelette with yaki pork with noodle (below $18) was amazing and my favourite. This is a must order dish!


The Osaka Style okonomiyaki was my favourite and very filling. The mix of egg, noodles, cabbage was like a deep pan omelette and topped with a sweet sauce with a drizzle of mayonnaise. I have been to Osaka and tried many okonomiyaki and I think this one is better!



Vegetarians will love the mushroom okonomiyaki (below, $13). It's largely cabbage with three kind of mushroom - oysters, shittake and shimeji. It's also quite thick and filling.


Overall, I had a great time at Kujin. It's an intimate little restaurant so I suggest you order items from the grill and definitely the okonomiyaki. I agree with zomato patrons and think this is a great spot for casual dining. If you are a washoku lover member, remember to bring your card to get a free green tea ice cream. Come by and check it out!!


Kujin Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Weekendfoodescapes by Lisa dined as guests of Washoku lovers.

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    End of lease cleaning
    End of lease cleaning Sydney
    Bond cleaning sydney
    Bond cleaning

    ReplyDelete