Monday 9 November 2015

The Rook, Sydney CBD

The Rook is an intimate roof bar in the middle of Sydney's CBD.
After work, I met up with one of my gal pals for a cheeky glass of wine and some snacks in the city. She suggested The Rook which is known for their burgers and lobster menu. In Spring/Summer, there is beautiful natural light that comes through and then becomes dark. In Winter/Autumn, the Rook bar can be quite dark.

I arrive while it's dark and really enjoy the candle light. I order my glass of shiraz and we chat about all things in life. We both have a natural weakness for chips so we order the truffle chips ($8, below). The chips are thickly cut and sprinkled with truffle salt. They are crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, exactly how I like it.


We also order the lobster and chorizo croquettes ($12, portion of three, photo top of page). The lobster and chorizo croquettes laid on a bed of sauce of paprika aioli. I quite enjoyed these croquettes with a mushy filling of small chunks of lobster and chorizo. There is no prominent taste of lobster or chorizo - it's more of a mush that is more subtle in flavour.

I make a note in my head to come back and try their lobster and burgers. As for us gals, we continued to chat by candle light and enjoy life as ladies of leisure.

Prices: Entrees $8-$15, Burgers/mains $20-28ish, Lobster $50

Location: Go up the lift right by Mr Bao, go to the very top to the roof at 56 York St, Sydney

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 8/10 for casual bar dining
Customer Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 9/10
Value: 8/10



The Rook Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment