Monday 7 December 2015

Mamak, Chatswood

I love Mamak but does the Chatswood Mamak live up to the original?

When it's a little bit cold, my mind lingers back 
to Mamak and the delicious flavours. I take my friend for a birthday for a Mamak meal as my friend is unsure whether he's had roti before. 

I hadn't been to the Chatswood Mamak before so I give it a go and was encouraged by its 4/5 zomato rating which is identical to the Mamak in Chinatown rating.
The Chatswood Mamak is much more spacious than the China town version. I sit down and immediately order a butter roti (Roti Planta, $7 above, left). It's my favourite roti bread which is buttery, fluffy and light and is served with two curry sauces and sambal sauces. It's tasty and definitely on par with the Chinatown version. This roti often blows my mind, it's so simple but so unbelievably delicious.


I also order my usual mee goreng ($13, above) which consisted of hokkien noodles, egg, prawns and fish cake spices. It's good and hits the spot of my noodle cravings.

The chicken satay sticks ($10 for 6 sticks, $18 for 12 sticks) were very tasty and the sauce is really nice. The sauce is not as amazing as the chinatown version but still delicious. The satay is just the perfect combination of flavours of peanut, onion and a mild sambal / chili. The Chinatown version blows my mind.  While the noodles were good but not amazing, the flavour combination of the roti, the mee goreng and finally the chicken satay sticks is perfect! I think it's the combination of flavours overall that absolutely blows my mind and makes this meal so satisfying.

I often get a sneaky hot milo as well which completes the meal. I'll definitely be back. A recommend if you haven't been yet!

Prices: $20-30 per person

Location: Shop 9, 1-5 Railway St, Chatswood


Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 10/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 9/10

Mamak Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment