Thursday 3 December 2015

Momofuku Seibo, Pyrmont

New York based Momofuku has a Sydney version with beautifully and delicate dishes. 
 I had the pleasure of treating one of my loved ones to the tasting menu at Momofuku for their birthday. It's quite hard to get a reservation and you can only make reservations 20 days in advance on their online system so I decided for a lunch session.

For a tasting menu, it will set you back $185.00 per person. This involves a number of snacks, small entrees, mains and dessert. I was seated at the bar and have a great view of the chefs in action.
To start off, the snacks included the Plantain cracker with guava and caviar (above, left). It was a mouthful of crunchy cracker. Secondly I had the scallop davidson plum with sawtooth coriander. It was very delicious and delicate.





I quite liked the Egg, potato and salt cod (above) which was a creamy mouthful and my loved one enjoyed the wagyu with native pepperberry (below).



The next few snacks were very high in flavour. The Black Pudding with cucumber and desert lime (above) was very zesty. One of my favourites of the meal was the jerk chicken skin with lime leave because it was crunchy with very strong marinated flavours of lime (below).



The very clean looking dish of Calamari with green mango and papaya (above) was very fresh tasting however with all these snacks and entrees so far being bite size, it was building up anticipation and I was getting very hungry. I was excited to see the next dish below was more substantial. The dish is roti with onion and muntrie. The roti bread is fluffy and buttery. 



For mains, my loved one had the seafood alternative (due to allergies) which was the above lamb with black garlic and zucchini. The lamb was homely and cooked perfectly, being quite pink. The hero and main of the meal is the Yabby, young coconut and koji butter (below). I devoured the main and enjoyed the buttery flesh of the yabby.
 


There were a few more dishes to fill out the meal. Above is the caramelised carrot with oxtail and hibiscus. Below is the pork and black eyed peas. Both were beautifully presented and cooked to perfection.



As a palette cleanser, there was the Fiji apple granita with buttermilk ice cream and touch of jalapeno above. Below is lime and almond ice cream with cassava cracker. This was my favourite dessert.



The other two desserts were the spiced rum with blood lime and squash. The above dessert was on a coffee-like dirt and the below had shards of plum-like tasting sheets.

Overall, I had a lovely time at Momofuku. Unfortunately; I can't dine here too often with the price being $185 per person but I'd recommend this for a special occasion or if you have a lot of money!




Momofuku Seiōbo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment