Thursday 7 January 2016

Sushi by Masuya, Chinatown

Sushi by Masuya has a great menu with many delicious options on offer. Japanese food lovers will be satisfied by the awesome food.


I booked a table at Sushi by Masuya after having many great experiences at their sister restaurants in the city at Masuya, Miso and also Sushi Makoto in Chatswood. I'm used to the high quality food at all the restaurants so I had high expectations for Sushy by Masuya.

Sushi by Masuya is located in Chinatown, right across from Capitol Square. I often see the restaurant quite full and this Saturday night at 8pm was no different. I quite liked their menu as I like ordering meal sets as you get to taste a bit of everything.


Their restaurant manager was very out going and was very chatty. He joked that I should take photos of him rather than the food so I took him up on the offer. ha ha.

I ordered the most popular set which is called the "Kabuki Set" (below, $22.80). It's got a main of seared salmon sashimi on a bed of sushi rice and wagyu sukiyaki beef. The sides are accompanied with 4 pieces of salmon sashimi, salad and miso soup. The Kabuki set is deceivingly very filling but it was hard to resist all the delicious food. The salmon pieces are very fresh and the wagyu sukiyaki is very flavoursome. Great value !!


My friend got the "Fuji Set" (below, $22.80) which has a main of Teriyaki chicken with six pieces of sushi and nigiri. The Fuji set is also accompanied by salmon sashimi, salad and miso soup.  This set also had great variety. This set was equally filling.

I had a great time with my friend at Sushi by Masuya. I'll have to come back to try some of the other dishes. I loved it. High quality Japanese with a bit of variety - love it. I'm a big fan of all the restaurants under Masuya international!

Prices: $20-30 per person

Location: 5/447 Pitt St, Sydney (near Central Station, Chinatown)

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 9/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 9/10
Atmosphere: 8/10
Value: 8/10



Sushi of Masuya Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment