Tuesday 23 February 2016

Hartsyard, Enmore

Hartsyard has a stellar reputation for American food. I hadn't been and decided to check it out.


Hartsyard is located in Enmore, a short stroll from Newtown Station. The restaurant looks quite small and is popular so I recommend you book in advance. As a walk in on a Sunday night, I was seated at the counter. It's quite dark and dim so it would be quite ideal for a romantic dinner or an intimate dinner with a close friend.

Throwing any healthy eating out the door, I ordered the Fried Chicken with buttermilk biscuit and low country gravy (top photo, $33). For $33, there are three large pieces of chicken which I shared with one of my gal pals. The skin is quite nice and crunchy. The meat is nice and tender. I'd recommend this dish.

My friend had recently come back from a trip in Canada and had tried so many different versions of poutine so we decide to see how Hartsyard's poutine compares.


The poutine is fried potato, braised beef with beer and cheese sauce topped with dried herbs ($28, above). It's actually quite filling as there are large chunks of beef on the chips and the chips were quite soggy from the sauce. My friend the Canadian Poutine expert doesn't rate the Hartsyard version.

Overall I had a nice experience at Hartsyard. I think it's a little bit pricey for what it is. I'll have to come back to try some of the other dishes.

Prices: $60+ per head

Location: 33 Enmore Rd, Enmore


Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 7/10 for casual dining
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 6/10




Hartsyard Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I am truly amazed that there is such an incredible sum about this subject has been revealed and you did it so agreeably. I am End of lease cleaning Glebe | End of lease cleaning Eastern suburbs | Bond cleaning Eastern suburbs extraordinarily charmed with this blog. It's an illuminating point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    BBQ cleaning
    End of lease cleaning Barra Brui
    End of lease cleaning Berowra Waters

    ReplyDelete