Sunday 14 February 2016

Sushi Hotaru, Sydney CBD

Sushi Hotaru is a popular haunt for sushi train. They have raised their prices though since I last went.
Sushi Hotaru is located in the galleries and is popular for hungry patrons. Sushi Hotaru is not known for its fresh sashimi but they have great nigiri sushi. As you enter, it's often busy so you will have to get a ticket and get in the queue.

Once you are seated, you will see a screen where you can order your food and drinks if you prefer this method over picking up dishes from the sushi train.  I prefer ordering on the screen so it's freshly prepared. 

The sushi plates used all be $3 but they have increased the price to $3.30. The nigiri is quite tasty but can quickly add up. There's a discount of 10% if you pay by cash so bring some mula. 

I order my favourites of spicy scallop nigiri (top photo, $3.30). It's lightly seared and sprinkled with chili powder. Another favourite of mine is the eel (below, $3.30) along with the spicy seared salmon nigiri. 


My friend orders a few dishes. He also chooses some seaweed sushi, tuna sushi and a chicken katsu sushi roll. I'm not a fan of some of his choices as I think Sushi Hotaru's best work is with their nigiri sushi. 




Overall a nice lunch at Sushi Hotaru. I'll be sure to bring cash next time I visit to get the discount.

Prices:$20-30 per person

Location: level 2, the galleries shopping centre @ 500 George St


Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 7/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10


Sushi Hotaru Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment