Wednesday 6 April 2016

Inferno Grill and Cafe, Maroubra

Sydney is going CRAZY for the monster burgers at Inferno Grill and Cafe. They also do a mean thick shake. You'll need one to cut through this bad boy burger called "the Fatties Burger".

The food community have been drooling over some of the crazy monster burgers across Sydney and Inferno Grill and Cafe keeps on appearing as a burger favourite. Inferno Grill and Cafe is located in Maroubra on the main strip of Anzac Parade. 

Hot tip: Ompty which can secure you discounts and deals for many restaurants has partnered with Inferno Grill and Cafe so check it out to see if you can save some $$. 



I order a chai latte but easily get distracted by the thick shakes. I order a caramello koala thick shake (below) and the staff recommend the peanut butter and chocolate shake. They are full of flavour! A recommend! Although you may want to save some stomach space.





The Fatties Burger ($16, top photo and above photo) is such a sexy looking beast. This burger has a double beef pattie, bacon, cheddar cheese, onion rings, salsa and a crumbed jalapeno. Make sure you are hungry as the different elements come together to make a delicious but very filling burger. I suggest ordering a side of small onion rings ($5, pictured below). They are basically perfect onion rings. Not oily, crunchy and yummy onion on the inside. The chips are worthwhile ordering as well.






Another popular burger is the Boss Hog (above, $15) which is a double beef pattie, double bacon, crumbed mozzarella, pickles, relish and a special big yak sauce. I recommend this one for big meaty eaters who don't want any trimmings in a burger.






For non-burger lovers, there's also other choices. The greek tasting plate (above, $22) has a bit of everything. Lamb souvlaki, calamari, haloumi cheese, bread, salad, salsa and rosemary chips. The chips are so crunchy! Love them. The tasting plate is ideal for sharing. I thought the calamari addition was random but I liked it.

I'd highly recommend the Greek Nachos (Below, $15). It has fried pita bread which is topped with slow cooked pulled beef with greek yoghurt, salsa and feta cheese. There's a nice mixture of crunchy textures with that succulent slow cooked beef along with the cool yoghurt and feta. This is a dish that's ideal for sharing as well.




The most popular burger at Inferno Grill and Cafe is the Clucking Pig Burger ($12, below). It's widely celebrated in the Facebook group called the Fatties Burger Appreciation Club. This burger has fried chicken, bacon, coleslaw, aioli and a light chilli. The chicken is crispyyy and is a natural partner to the crispy bacon. I love this burger. 




If you have any room left, Inferno Grill and Cafe also have home made gelato. I had the baklava and the peppermint slice. Delicious, cool and creamy. 



I got there at 12pm and the place quickly filled up full of people. I suddenly realised there was a massive queue on this Sunday afternoon (below). I def recommend coming there a bit early to avoid the queues and to get a table.


So stop by if you are a burger lover and are extremely hungry. I must admit, I was struggling to finish my food as I was so full but for big eaters - Inferno Grill and Cafe will be heaven.  Bring a few friends and share the love. Check it out!



Inferno Grill & Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Weekendfoodescapes dined as a guest of Ompty. All photos, words and opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    End of lease cleaning Sydney
    End of lease cleaning
    End of lease cleaning Allawah

    ReplyDelete