Sunday 17 April 2016

Jamie's Italian, Sydney


FOODGASMIC DESSERT BABY! My friend wants to check out Jamie's as she was craving a really satisfying pasta dish.

Jamie's Italian is located in Sydney CBD on Pitt St. I head there for lunch to celebrate a recent birthday that has passed. My last experience at Jamie's was good but underwhelming given the hype and long queues.


It's quite busy when I enter and I walk down the narrow corridor. It's got a nice atmosphere and I look at the menu.  My friend talks about ordering the prawn linguine and I start picturing a tasty pasta dish with delicious prawns so I am also sold on this dish. We both order the prawn linguine ($28.50, below).

The dish arrives and with little cherry tomatoes framing the pasta dish. The pasta is quite grainy and thick. I was hoping for some really thin, light and smooth pasta. The sauce is rich in tomato flavours and there's a few half cut prawns in there. I was really hoping for more prawns to be honest for the $30ish dish. Unfortunately it's another underwhelming experience. The dish is not the quality or standard that you would expect. 



We decide on ordering some dessert to share. I order the chocolate brownie which is an amazing dessert. The chocolate brownie is soft and packed full of chocolate flavours. It's topped with ice cream and caramelised popcorn.  The dark chocolate sauce is the perfect addition to this dessert. Delicious! This gorgeous dessert made this lunch along with a few glasses of wine.

Overall, while the dessert was amazing. I'm not sure if I'd come back.



Jamie's Italian Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment