Thursday 21 April 2016

Lamb Cumin and Noodle Warriors, Hawker Centre, Chatswood


WHO CAN RESIST HAND MADE NOODLES? SO ADDICTIVE. I am loving the new Hawker Centre in Chatswood which has a number of eateries including the Noodle Warriors and Lamb Cumin. 




The Hawker Centre Food court takes me back to the Singapore days where you walk into a food court of gorgeous Asian delights which resemble street food. The smell of BBQ meat waffles through the air. I love it. I order the above beef bun ($5ish, above). It's essentially braised beef with corriander. 



For about $11-12, you can order a bowl of hand made noodles in a soup broth. I ask the staff which is the most popular and I go with the braised beef with noodles. The portion is not as generous as other local eateries in Chinese cuisine but it's quite tasty. The hand made, thin, flat noodles are delicious in the lightly chilli broth. 






As I was still hungry, I walk on and order some lamb cumin skewers. The smell waffles through the hawker area and it's divine. I order 5 skewers for $8.00 of the lamb and cumin which is their signature.




It's a very simple skewer of meat and fat and meat combination. It was tasty but very simple.



Highlights: I quite like the Warrior Noodles. I think best to ask the staff which are the most popular as I've read a few mixed reviews so far on some of the other dishes. 

Suggested Improvements: I think a more generous serving of noodles would make Noodle Warrior more competitive. 
The lamb and cumin skewers were quite nice but low on value.

Location: Hawker Lane, level 2, Westfield Chatswood. 1 Anderson rd, Chatswood


Opening Hours: 11am to 9pm, Mon - Fri



Summary: Lisa's Rating: Check it out if you want to try lots of different things in a street food environment (that's still air conditioned)
Food: 7/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: N/A
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10


Lamb & Cumin Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Noodle Warriors Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment