Thursday 14 April 2016

Poporo Takeru, Chinatown

FOOD COURT EATS: Poporo Takeru is an Asian fusion restaurant comprising of mostly Japanese and Italian food.
Poporo Takeru is located in Market City in Chinatown, Sydney CBD. It mimics the menu of Takeru (now Niigata) on Sussex st. The menu is quite extensive and also has options of half portions so you can try different dishes which I love.  


I have headed here a few times on my lonesome. The bento boxes are popular at lunch time at $12.90, below which is available from 11am to 5pm.


I order the salmon bento box which also has rice, tofu, potato croquette, prawn croquette and salad. The salmon is a bit dry but the box is quite good value for the variety.




I like the ($7.90, half portion) Kaisen Don which is salmon sashimi on a bed of soy rice topped with mayo and wasabi. The key is to mix everything up and the combination of the flavours is amazing. To round off my lunch I order one of their entrees - the Agedashi tofu ($3, below). It's lightly crumbed tofu in a hot, sweet soy broth. It's incredibly homely and lovely to eat.



Highlights: I didn't order my favourite dish as it's one best to share but you can check out a previous post from Takeru to check out the Japanese Pizza that I love. I think all the dishes are very reasonably priced and tasty. If you are not a big eater then the half portions are great and you can supplement with a $3 entree.

Suggested Improvements: Be aware that the tables are incredibly high and the chairs are a bit low. It makes for a slightly awkward way to sit in a restaurant. Their salmon was also slightly dry but this was a minor factor.


Price: If you are not a big eater - $10-15. If you like to try lots of things and are a big eater $20-30 per person


Location: Top of Market City, level 3, 9-13 Hay St, Sydney Chinatown


Opening Hours: 11:00am to 9pm daily 



Summary: Lisa's Rating: Check it out if you want a cheap asian fusion meal. 
Food: 7/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 6/10
Atmosphere: 6/10
Value: 7.5/10



Poporo Takeru Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment