Tuesday 17 May 2016

Kokkino Kafe, Randwick



Kokkino Kafe is a local favourite for brunch. I stop by on a sleepy Sunday to satisfy the tastebuds.

Kokkino Kafe is located in Randwick. It's a small cafe which is perfect for relaxing with friends/family or even your dog. The menu is simple with reasonable prices and has your favourite cafe choices.


The weekend calls for a bit of breakfast and a bit of lunch so it's time for brunch baby. I check out their menu and am immediately wanting the Stack (below, $16). It's a stack of corn fritters with avo, poached egg, bacon, rocket on sourdough. The stack is topped with a capsicum relish which is mildly spicy.

You can actually see the corn chunks so you can tell it's a proper corn fritter (so it's proper legit). 






For a healthier option, the "Good Fat" (below, $12) is a very simple but well put together dish. It's tomato, feta, avocado on rocket and sourdough. It's a very balanced dish. The bread is crunchy and is seasoned with olive oil. 

I love a light fresh dish. It's reasonably priced as well.







I also opted for another healthier lunch option. The ocean trout (above, $14) and goat's cheese lays on a bed of rocket on sourdough with olive oil and balsamic dressing. 

Those chunks of ocean trout mixed with the rocket is packed with flavour but is a nice lighter lunch. Light and nice. 

If you're feeling naughty and wanting something a bit heavier - I also tried the Kokkino beef burger (below, $10). I'm really glad I was naughty and nice because the burger was really nice. It's just got all the components well done with the beef patty, beetroot (I love beetroot in burgers), tasty cheese melted with a side of potatoes.


 Overall, I thought all the dishes were nice, I think I prefer to be naughty with the burger and the stack. You can't go wrong with actual corn pieces. I've tried a lot of corn fritters where it's mostly potato. The burger was just a really good cafe burger. I suggest sitting outside. I'm nit picking but I prefer chips over 'roast potatoes' with my burgers. 

Check it out folks.

Price: $10-15 for most breakfasts/lunch dishes

Location: 6 Perouse Rd, Randwick


Opening Hours: 7am to 3pm weekdays, 7:30am to 3pm on weekends



Make sure you check out Ompty for discounts and deals

Kokkino Kafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Ompty. All words, photos and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment