Saturday 28 May 2016

The Missing Piece, Macquarie Park


The Missing Piece is a Cafe inside the Macquarie Shopping Centre. It's located right outside Uniqlo and is packed on the weekends.
I head here in search of some breakfast but I am immediately tempted by their freakshake menu. The cookies and crunch shake (above and below, $11.50) steals my attention. It sounds a bit dear for a milkshake but I don't plan on making this a regular occurrence. 


It's a dense chocolate milkshake topped with cream which holds all the solids at the top. You have a nice dose of nutella, pieces of crunchie, oreo cookie and a stick of chocolate. What a delight to the eyes. It was personally way too rich for me but my partner (who has a massive sweet tooth) devoured the Cookies and Crunch shake. 

We agreed that this should only be a once in a while sort of drink.


I also had my chai latte which is my comfort blanket. It's time for some breakfast. 





I order the Sliding Start ($16) which is of four sliders, pancetta, ricotta scrambled egg with baby spinach with tomato relish. They are quite cute but would be a light breakfast.




For half the price, you could go for the Old Fashioned ($8) which is the fried egg, bacon on ciabatta bread with BBQ sauce and with a random piece of fried kale. It's not as healthy but probably very filling.


All the food was simple but prepared well. I'm keen to come back and see what the other food is like. Perhaps if they did something in each slider that would make it more worthwhile. The Old Fashioned is great if you love bacon. 

I don't regularly spend more $ on milkshakes than I do on my vodka cranberry but this was a once off which was very decadent.

Price: $15ish for most breakfast mains

Location: Macquarie Centre, Cnr of Herring Rd and Waterloo Rd.


Opening Hours: 8am to 5:30pm daily. They open until 7:30pm on Thursday night



Summary: Lisa's Rating: Check it out if you are curious about their freakshakes and get hungry nearby Uniqlo. Their food is not bad otherwise. 

Food: 7/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10


The Missing Piece Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. The Missing Piece. wow !! if i will talk about the The missing piece in food, This is always on top in delicious food and their service. Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful image of food. if anyone want to reach to "The missing piece" direct and early. There is a silver taxi from Sydney Airport to Macquarie Park. Silver Cabs Macquarie park it will make your journey safe and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    carpet steam cleaning Paddington
    End of lease cleaning Pyrmont
    End of lease cleaning Glebe

    ReplyDelete