Wednesday 22 June 2016

Little Hutong, Little Bay


I head to Little Hutong in Little Bay for a little bit of Asian fusion and a big smack in the taste buds. While Little Hutong has an array of Asian dishes, their Malaysian dishes are simply divine.

Little Hutong has been established for over a year now. The decore is sleek with a large rectangular table in the middle and there is a big wall of little Asian teapots and other ornaments. I have fond memories when I was here last of their Beef Rendang but I am eager to try new dishes today. Their Roti is so delicious, it's definitely worthwhile checking out if you live in the neighbouring suburbs.

I start with the Roti Canai with Chicken Curry ($12.50, below). The roti is sooooooo fluffy and lovely to eat. I think the original Roti would give Mamak a good run for it's money. This is an entree sized dish but becomes surprisingly filling. The chicken curry has a nice mild flavour so I would recommend both Beef Rendang and Chicken Curry. Awesome dish.




I can't resist a good satay stick so I order half a dozen of Beef and Chicken sticks ($14.50) with their chunky satay sauce. Chicken Satay seems like a staple Asian dish in Sydney these days. The chunky satay goes well with the beef and the chicken. Ooohh yeah. 

The Salt and Pepper Calamari is always a crowd favourite so I order a small portion to satisfy my cravings. It's a light crumbed coating and I like the stir fried onions, chilli and herbs that compliment the calamari.




As i've gone for really big flavours in entree, I decide to order the Hainanese Chicken (with leg, $16.80) as it's a very subtle and simple dish which is homely and cleanses the palette. It's such a popular dish in Asian Culture for it's simplicity.  The chicken and rice are a perfection combination with the chilli, there's some other sauce which I'm not sure I quite enjoyed so I just stuck to the chilli. The rice was really nice.

I also check out the Won Ton Noodles ($15.80, below) which comes with a dry noodle with BBQ Pork pieces and greens. It's also accompanied by a peppery wonton soup which goes really well as the noodles are coated in a slightly rich hoi sin-like sauce. The peppery wonton soup cleanses the palette so you don't feel too heavy after everything.

Overall, I had a really lovely lunch. You must order the Roti Canai with Beef Rendang or Chicken Curry. Sooooooo goood. Little Hutong has a strong Malaysian background so you can't go wrong with those dishes.

Price: $40ish per person

Location: 4/2-8 Pine St, Little Bay


Opening Hours: 5:30pm to 10pm Wednesday to Saturday. Sunday also open for lunch 11:30 to 2:30pm and dinner 5:30pm to 10pm.


Don't forget to check out Ompty for discounts and deals.




Little Hutong Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

WeekendFoodescapes dined as guests of Ompty. All photos, words and opinions are my own. Thanks Matt for the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment