Thursday 23 June 2016

POKLOL, Broadway, Chippendale


POKLOL is an Asian fusion eatery in Broadway Shopping centre. The menu is modern fusion with an array of tacos, banh mi and loaded chips.


I head to POKLOL with my friend Christelle who looks curious as we head towards the venue. I am keen to try a bit of everything to see what's good. You may have tried some of their food before at places such as the Noodle Markets.

I think the university students will love this place as it's reasonably priced. How it works is you first choose your base (above) and then you apply the protein style (below).


The chilli chicken, bulgogi beef and poklol fried chicken really take my interest. There's also a few other sides (below).




I try the Beef Bulgogi Banh Mi ($10) which has a load of beef, cucumber, shallot, carrot and a thick spicy sauce on top. 

I also order the trio of tacos (3 for $15) with a bit of the spicy pork, POKLOL fried chicken and a beef bulgogi. They also have cucumber, slaw and the spicy sauce.


The chichi fries ($12, below) look absolutely delicious and I had mine with the POKLOL fried chicken. I am an absolute sucker for chips so I naturally gravitate towards this dish.


Highlights: The highlight is absolutely the chichi fries. The chips are crunchy (not soggy like some other loaded fries) and the spicy sauce with the cream and fried chicken is just a divine combination. This dish would be perfect after a few drinks or if you are feeling naughty.

The tacos were decent but I think i'd ask for no sauce as I think I prefer to just taste the chicken/pork/beef. Ditto with the banh mi. However if you like BOLD flavours x100 with a lot going on then you will love the sauce on the tacos and Banh Mi. 


I LOVE the chichi fries. Check it out in Broadway shopping centre.

Price: $10-15 depending on what you order

Location: level 2, 1 Bay St, Broadway Shopping Centre


Opening Hours: Mon - Wed, Friday 10am to 7pm, Thurs 10am to 9pm, Weekend 10am to 6pm.


Poklol Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Forhill Digital. All words, opinions and photos are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment