Sunday 21 August 2016

Chidzuru, Rhodes


Chidzura is a Japanese restaurant located in Rhodes. They have quite an extensive ramen menu so I stop by for some lunch.


Chidzuru is located right by Rhodes Station. I pop by with MW and we were both quite hungry. I love Japanese food so I'm always on the look out for more local gems.

The menu is quite extensive actually. I decide to order a few dishes to share with MW. MW loves gyozas so we order the above $7.90 gyozas. The gyozas are plump and quite round. They're not bad. The menu had an amazing photo of the tuna tataki $12.90 and I couldn't resist to order that. 

I think it's quite a good portion for $12.90 so high on value and quite tasty. It's essentially tuna sashimi lightly seared on the outside with a very light dressing. It also sits on a bed or raw onions. I'd recommend ordering this dish.


MW and I are also both big fans of Karaage chicken so naturally we order this with a side of mayonnaise and small salad ($12.90, below). The skin is crunchy and the flesh is not bad. It's a reasonable portion for the price.


I also order the Tsukeman Ramen $12.50, below made from 10 hour ramen broth. It's a cold noodle dish where you dip into the broth. The broth is hot and flavoursome. I quite enjoy the ramen! I'd recommend this dish

Summary: Overall, it's a decent and casual eatery. I would recommend the tuna tataki and the ramen. I think it's reasonably priced and not bad for the area. 

Tatsuya in West Ryde is my local favourite but if I'm back in Rhodes, I'd check out Chidzuru again.

Price: $20ish per person

Location: 4/7 Rider Blvd, Rhodes


Opening Hours: 11:30 to 2pm and 5pm to 9pm daily


Summary: Lisa's Rating: Check it out if you live nearby
Food: 7/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10


Chidzuru Japanese Cuisine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment