Wednesday 31 August 2016

Mecarto E Cucina, Gladesville


Last time I went to Mecarto E Cucina, it was packed full of customers and it was hard to get a table and service was sooo slow. This was a few years ago! The food was delicious though so I decide to go back to see what's changed.
My gal pal and I head to Mecarto E Cucina and this time we get a table really quickly. As you walk by the gorgeous bakery area with delicious treats, I am immediately tempted.

The menu is full of delicious Italian dishes including pastas, pizzas and a protein menu. It's barely 12pm and my friend orders a glass of wine. Haha. I opt for a chai latte as it's too early for alcohol for me.


The duck lasagne ($28, above) is so perfectly cut and neat with porcini, cheese and bechamel sauce. It's topped with thyme. It's a smaller portion but is mighty tasty. It's quickly devoured. 



The Squid Ink Pasta with mussels, prawns, clams in a wine butter sauce was also really tasty. This is the entree size portion ($24, below). The pizzas also are in a similar price point so if you are hungry, perhaps go with a pizza. The portions of the pasta are not as fulfilling. They are still super tasty.


Overall, compared to my last experience when Mecarto E Cucina first opened, the customer service was significantly better. There was no wait so the experience was much better. Last time I had pizzas which was more generous in portion which was more for value compared to the pasta this time.

There's a gourmet shop attached to it as well.

I'd definitely come back :)

Price: $35-40 per person

Location: 297 Victoria Rd, Gladesville


Opening Hours: 8am to 10pm daily



Summary: Lisa's Rating: Check it out if you love authentic Italian
Food: 8/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10



Mercato e Cucina Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment