Wednesday 17 August 2016

Top Choice Seafood Restaurant, Rhodes

Top Choice Seafood Restaurant is a new restaurant in Rhodes which offers Yum Cha. I'm keen to check it out as Phoenix in Rhodes is always so busy and a bit over priced.



Top Choice Seafood Restaurant is about a 10 minute walk away from the Rhodes shopping centre or a shorter 5 minute walk from the train station. MW and I are keen to check it out as we are locals and I can't be bothered going into the city on this day.

It's a much smaller restaurant that's located under among a whole stack of apartment blocks in Rhodes. I'm seated straight away as I arrive at about 11:30am on a Sunday. When they first opened, they had a 20% discount which I managed to catch but I'm not sure when this ended.


There's good flow of food with a few trolleys about and there are also trays coming around with food. The rice noodle strips with beef (above) were not bad however I'm not sure if I'd order this one again. The BBQ pork buns (below) were quite nice. Warm, nice dough, consistent flavours.



The calamari is bright orange, lightly crumbed and delicious.
I'd recommend ordering them a long with the har gow prawn dumplings. The dumplings are hot with a nice mix of bamboo shoots with prawns and sesame oil.




The bbq pork pastries were decent as well if you like a sweet and savoury mix. The doughy fried dumplings filled with pork below were also quite nice. So far I'm pretty happy with the quality of food at Top Choice Seafood Restaurant.


For dessert, MW and I try the custard buns which are bright yellow. As you bite into them, hot custard slithers out onto your tongue. Delicious and a great alternative to the usual egg tarts or mango pancakes.

Highlights: Overall I had a really nice experience and I recommend this as an alternative to Phoenix in Rhodes. The quality of food is on par, it's probably a little cheaper and there's no queue. The highlights for me were the calamari and the har gow (prawn dumplings).

Price: $30 per person ish

Location: 1/1 Gauthorpe St, Rhodes


Opening Hours: Mon - Sun 10am to 3pm for yum cha, 5pm to 10pm for dinner



Summary: Lisa's Rating: Check it out if you are a local and like yum cha
Food: 7/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10



Top Choice Seafood Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

9 comments:

  1. I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious...
    restaurants mount street

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice To See that Food Item Sea Food

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really an Excellent post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for sharing....
    interior designers in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post!!!. The strategy you have posted on this technology helped me to get into the next level and had lot of information in it.
    Office interior designers in chennai
    living room interior designers in chennai
    False ceiling interiors designers in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a way to learn about Chinese cuisines. local domestic electricians

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article team... nutritious diet is very important... Try to get advanced nutritious diet from normal people Senior Citizen Care... We do offer that concept to people who are in need.

    ReplyDelete