Thursday 8 September 2016

Vaucluse Tea House, Vaucluse

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to relax on the weekend with a glass of moet and some high tea. The Vaucluse Tea Rooms sits on beautiful land with a touch of history, I stop by for some indulgence and relaxation.


As we park the car, I'm impressed by the historic looking house and park lands. MW has never been to high tea before and seems cautious of the thought of little sandwiches. I assure him that it's a really nice experience and a great way to try lots of savoury and sweet food at once.

I meet Andrew, the tea house's manager who seats us outside. You can tell he does a good job looking after everyone (I eavesdrop on table nearby) . It's a nice little garden courtyard. We start off with a glass of moet. What a relaxing way to start the weekend.




The tower of three layers is impressive and Andrew walks us through what's in stall. The very top layer is a savoury assortment (below). Andrew gives me the hot tip and tells me his favourite is the house made mini lamb sausage roll. I agree - with it's flakey pastry, who could resist. I wish there were tomato sauce but without, it's still very enjoyable. 

There's also the poached chicken and walnut sandwich along with the pumpkin and spinach tart with smoked creme fraiche. The middle of this plate has two little salmon and herbed cream cheese cornet with keta caviar. I enjoy all the little savoury morsels. The crustless sandwiches remind me of my childhood but with a much higher level of sophistication.



The second layer is the buttermilk scones with clotted cream and rosella and berry preserve. These famous scones are perfect with a cup of tea. The cakey, muffin-like texture is heavenly with the cream and berry jam. They are so enjoyable to eat. If you don't order high tea, I still highly recommending ordering the scones!!!! SO delightful.

The refreshing tea is perfect with the scones. I opt for a light jasmine tea and MW goes for an organic ceylon orange pekoe. 



The final layer has a few sweet treats to tickle the senses. There's the elderflower cheesecake filled donuts with strawberry sugar. There's also the rosewater meringue with fairy floss, mini cherry bakewell tarts along with "Mrs Nisbett's" Ginger cake.

As I'm enjoying the light sugary clouds of fairy floss, a kookaburra pays a visit to the empty table next to me then flies onto a nearby tree.




Vaucluse Tea House also plays host to brides parties, weddings and special events. It's a nice spot for high tea or lunch. I also suggest a walk around the grounds as well.

They also have a gift shop with little candles, hand cream and other little treats.

Summary: I had a lovely experience and MW really enjoyed high tea. It's just really nice to sit back, relax with a glass of moet with some delightful morsels of food. The three layered tier was of really tasty savoury and sweet food. I def recommend for anyone who wants to escape the concrete jungle into a little piece of heaven.

Price: $55 per person for high tea (with a glass of sparkling wine and tea/coffee) or you can upgrade ($15) for a glass of moet

Location: Wentworth Rd, Vaucluse


Opening Hours: For High Tea, they serve Wed-Fri from 10am to 3:30pm. On the weekend they have three seating sessions, 9:30am to 11:30am, 12pm to 2pm and 2:30pm to 4:30pm.





Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Publicity Partners. Thanks to Andrew who looked after us. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Vaucluse House Tearooms Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    Spring cleaning Sydney Olympic Park
    End of lease cleaning Balmain
    End of lease cleaning Waterloo

    ReplyDelete