Saturday 1 October 2016

Gumshara, Eating World Food Court, Sydney Chinatown


I've heard so many great things about Gumshara and their ramen. On a cooler day, I decide to break my Gumshara virginity and see if their reputation lives up to the reality.


Gumshara is located in the Eating World Food court. It's a dingy little food court but I am hopeful that Gumshara will delight my sensations and warm up my insides. Their menu is sprawled across their shop front. I notice the "no msg" sign.


I also notice a huge tub of ginger, chilli and also a smaller tub of chilli oil. Given I was feeling a bit under the weather, I order the garlic tonkosu ramen for $11.50.


The broth is quite thin and you can visibly see the chunks of garlic on the surface. I start slurping down the noodles and also drinking the dense broth. The ramen at Gumshara is quite tasty and homely.

However as I continue to eat, the broth feels to dense for me and it's making me feel sick so I stop eating. Maybe there's too much fat for my stomach to handle. The ramen is quite a generous portion so I was happy to stop eating.

I notice there's also a sign saying you can request for them to change the thickness of the broth so I might just do that next time. 

I'd still be back though. 

Summary: Big bowls of ramen noodles in a thick broth. Generous portions and a nice dish to eat when you are under the weather. Ask the staff to lighten the broth if you don't like too much fat in your ramen.

Price: $11-14 per dish

Location: 25-29 Dixon St, Haymarket


Opening Hours: 11:30am to 9pm Tuesday to Saturday. Sunday and Monday close at 8:30pm



Summary: Lisa's Rating: Check it out if you like ramen
Food: 7/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: NA food court
Atmosphere: NA Food court
Value: 8/10



Gumshara Ramen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment