Saturday 15 October 2016

Mamak, Chinatown Sydney

I have read about Mamak underpaying their staff and I really hope they have paid their fines and rectified the situation because they have such amazing food. 
My workmate Cara is a massive fan of Mamak, so much that we basically go there every time we have lunch together. We've also developed a pattern of ordering the same thing.



Cara always orders the half dozen chicken satay sticks (above, $12 or you can get a dozen for $20) and either an original roti canai ($7) or the butter roti (which is my favourite $8, it's called roti planta below). 



I love what Cara orders but lately, I've been sticking to the Maggi Goreng ($14, above) or the Mee Goreng ($14). I love the slightly tangy, mildly spicy flavours in the noodle dishes. There's the odd prawn, vegetables and fishcake amongst the noodles. The lime add further tang to the dish. 

My other colleague Steph orders different dishes but I didn't manage to catch a snap this time. 

Check out my previous lunch with Cara here.

Prices: $20 per person

Location: 15 Goulburn St, Haymarket

Opening Hours: lunch 11:30 - 2:30,  dinner 5:30 - 10:00. On the weekends they don't close in between lunch and dinner,
supper til 2am (fri & sat)
Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 8/10 for casual dining
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10 (The tables are a bit small so you end up having less space)
Value: 7/10 


Mamak Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment