Wednesday 16 November 2016

Calaveras, Newtown


Calaveras is located right next to Newtown Station and if you love cocktails and Mexican food then you're in for a treat. I love a good cocktail and wearing Mexican hats.


Lychee Laguna ($18) Tequila fresh limes lychee juice, topped w a lychee

I head here with the True Local Reviewers on a True Local Food Safari. I notice lots of fun hats on the tables of Calaveras. I like Mexican food because there's always crunchy textures with guac and lots of cheese. 


I snack on the Calaveras Flautas De Pollo which is a fried taco rolled into a cigar shape with chicken topped with guacamole, feta and chipotle sauce (serving of 3 for $14, below). 



I also try the Calaveras Huitlacoche Y Hongos quesadilla ($15, below) which has black corn truffle with mixed grilled veggies and mozzarella.  

The food is quite nice however the portions are a bit smaller than other Mexican restaurants. Save your calories for the drinks. They have some pretty awesome drinks.

Overall, Calaveras has a pretty relaxing atmosphere. The cocktails are flowing and everyone at the True Local event is pretty chill. Calaveras is a nice spot for a drink and some Mexican snacks.


Weekend Food Escapes dined as a guest of True Local. All words, opinions and photos are my own.

Calaveras Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    carpet steam cleaning Mosman
    carpet steam cleaning Pyrmont
    carpet steam cleaning Glebe

    ReplyDelete