Monday 21 November 2016

Fratelli Fresh, Sydney Westfield


Fratelli Fresh is now open in Sydney Westfield and with the warmer weather, I check out their new spring menu. Italian is always a popular choice. I love figs <3.

On this sunny Saturday, I head to level 6 of Westfield Sydney to check out Fratelli Fresh's new spring menu. I get the express escalator right next to Sports Girl on Pitt st. 
What a glorious weekend it is so MW and I cheers to a glass of the Fratelli Fresh Pinot Nero (also known as pinot noir). It's a fruity and lighter red wine. I had no idea Fratelli Fresh did their own wine. What a great way to start off the weekend.




I look at the menu and think about what I'll be eating today. Hangry. Hungry looking at Fratelli Fresh dishes. 



I start off with some bread with garlic and herb butter. The butter is full flavour and makes the bread taste like garlic bread. Can life get any better at Fratelli Fresh?


MW and I love a good calamari dish. Above is the Fratelli Fresh calamari fritti ($19) with lemon thyme aioli which is a generous portion. The batter is really light with subtle salt and peppery flavours. This is ideal because it's not too oily or dense. This is a great dish for sharing.

MW loved the Parma with fresh figs with straccitatella di bufala at $21. Straccitatella di bufala is a really soft, runny cheese which is perfect for smearing all over the meat and figs. This dish is fresh, light and perfect for spring.




I have a sticky beak and notice a nice room to the side which would be perfect for a group function or work event at Fratelli Fresh. There's also tables to the side of the kitchen.




I've saved some stomach room as I love lobster so I had to have the chilli and lobster paccheri (which is a large tube pasta) at $32. I quite like the large tube pasta - paccheri as it's a nice mouthful size of pasta. There's a nice spicy tomato based sauce and the hero of the dish - lobster. The chilli has a nice kick to it but it's not too spicy.



For a less carby alternative at Fratelli Fresh, there's the black cod al cartoccio ($28) which is cooked in paper with artichoke, lemon, olives and white wine. I love this method of cooking as the fish is always so moist and this black cod was no exception. The flavours are also so vibrant.






MW has a serious sweet tooth so it makes sense to get some dessert wine and some dessert. I really like this dolce toscolo which is not too sweet. It's the perfect match to the dessert to come.

MY FAVOURITE are the potato churros. There are these potato churros below that are coated in a cinnamon sugar with a dark chocolate sauce. I have to say, these were seriously good and for value at $10. MW goes a bit dessert crazy. I can see it in his eyes when he gets excited. 





MW also eyes off the tiramusu ($10) which is served in a giant cup. MW takes that first spoonful and it's looking really pretty. MW loves a good tiramusu so he manages to devour this entirely as well. Love it.

Summary: I'm loving the new spring menu at Fratelli Fresh. My favourite dishes of the day were the Parma, lobster pasta and the churros. I'd also recommend the fratelli wine and the dolce toscolo. Great for a catch up or group lunch dinner. I really like the decore at Westfield as well.

Price: $50ish per person

Location: Level 6, 188 Pitt St, Sydney Westfield


Opening Hours: They are also open for Breakfast (which I didn't know). 

Mon to Wed - 8am to 9pm
Thurs - Fri - 8am to 10pm
Sat 9am to 9pm
Sun 10am to 9pm







Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Urban Purveyor. All words, photos and opinions are my own.
Fratelli Fresh Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment