Monday 15 May 2017

Sakae Yakiniku, Eastwood


It's getting colder and I seem to be constantly on the edge of getting sick when I am outside! I recently go back to my local Japanese BBQ in Eastwood. Sakae Yakiniku is located right near Eastwood Station and has an extensive menu.

Matt loves Japanese and Korean BBQ. This is a Japanese BBQ restaurant however there are many other Japanese dishes on the menu as well. We always go for the dinner special where you can choose 4 different dishes from A menu (Mostly entrees), B menu (mostly meats to be BBQ'd), C menu (mostly noodle dishes) and D is ice cream and tea.
You can choose for $30.80 per person, the menu in a ABCD combination or ABBD combination.

On the A menu, Matt chooses the tofu and I go for some takoyaki (octopus potato balls). The tofu is fried and nourishing although this is the dish that we have leftovers with. The takoyaki is full of octopus. Matt doesn't like takoyaki but I love it. I love it so much, I forgot to take a photo of the dish. Sorry guys.



We get 3 options from the B menu between us and Matt goes nuts on the wagyu beef rib fingers, LA beef ribs and the brisket. As the meat starts sizzling, I can tell Matt is hungry and enjoys it all. He manages to eat all the sizzling meat before I get the next dish. The wire is old and not replenished like other Korean BBQs that I've been to.





The meal also comes with all the typical Korean sides so I munch on some salad and kim chi while I wait for my C choice to come which seems to be taking some time. We ask the waitress what is going on with my order of Udon. It finally arrives and I sprinkle chilli flakes on my udon.



Matt and I agree that the dessert is the best part as the soft serve green tea ice cream is DELICIOUS. It's just incredibly tasty and creamy, I love it.

Overall, I had a good time at Sakae Yakiniku. While the udon took a bit of time and the wire is not replenished despite looking quite old - it's good value and the food is very consistent. I recommend!

Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously and independently paid for this meal. All words, photos and opinions are my own.



Sakae Yakiniku House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    Spring cleaning Botany
    Spring cleaning North Manly
    Spring cleaning North Bondi

    ReplyDelete