Thursday 29 June 2017

One Sushi - Japan City, Top Ryde


Matt and I are still discovering the local eats in Ryde. On a casual weekend trip to Top Ryde, we decide to head into Japan City and try out their Japanese Restaurant called One sushi. This is a delayed blog post! 


If you can't tell, I absolutely love Japanese food particularly sushi and sashimi. We have a quick look at the Japan City store with boutique teapots and other random things. One Sushi is a small restaurant to the side of Japan City with approx 20 seats. We look at the glossy menu for a quick lunch.

Firstly, I order a sushi/sashimi ($25) platter which has a nice range of nigiris including tuna, king fish, salmon, eel, prawn and some sashimi.  I guess I had low expectations (it being a shopping centre eatery) so I was pleasantly surprised at what came out. The sushi was decent and not bad for the price. 




Secondly, we ordered the chicken kaarage ($9) which was crispy chicken which is topped with mayonnaise. The chicken was mostly skin rather than flesh. This dish was average. Matt shrugs as I ask him what he thought of the dish.


Next up is the curry udon ($10) which is a generous portion of noodles which is drenched a mildly sweet curry sauce. If you like the sweet curry taste then this might be a good dish for you. I personally thought it was good and decent.

Summary: One Sushi within Japan City is a casual eatery which is an alternative to the food court in Top Ryde. The glossy menu has a mixed bag when it comes to the food. It wouldn't be my first choice in the area but represents reasonable value for solid Japanese food.

Price: $30ish per person


Location: Ground Floor, 109-129 Blaxland Rd, Ryde


Opening Hours: 11:30am to 3pm daily and 5:30pm to 9:30pm Tues - Sunday






Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously and independently paid for this meal. All words, photos and opinions are my own.

Japan City Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    BBQ cleaning North Manly
    End of lease cleaning Canley Vale
    End of lease cleaning Canoelands

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your write your blogs. This is so good. urgent electrician

    ReplyDelete