Sunday 11 June 2017

Vapiano, Sydney CBD


Vapiano has a new winter menu coming up so I stop by and check out these winter warmers. Who's got their heater on these days? 

It's an incredibly cold and rainy day in Sydney as I walk to the corner of York and King sts to visit Vapiano. As I enter I see that you receive a card and you get it scanned along the stations when you order food. Then you can go and find a seat to dine. It's a casual dining experience.

To start, Matt and I taste the Proscuitto Bruschetta which is served up on crunchy bread, a bocconcini cheese and is topped with the proscuitto. Matt expects the mainstream bruschetta with tomato, onion and garlic however I've tasted lots of various versions of bruschetta. The bread is nice and crunchy, the cheese creamy and soft and the proscuitto is fresh.


I can't help but also dip some of the bread into the Tomato Soup. The tomato is very flavoursome with little bits of melted cheese and the croutons have still retained nice shape and texture. I like a thicker soup but Matt is very happy with the lighter/liquidy soup. It's cold weather so this soup is a perfect winter warmer.



New on the menu is also the Pasta Puttanesca which is made from a tomato, olive oil, anchovies, olives, capers and garlic sauce. Don't be too concerned if you don't like anchovies as it's a very subtle sauce. You can also add a bit more cheese to the dish if you like.


Matt and I have our favourite tonight and it's the Pizza Vesuvio which is a beef based pizza with onion, capsicum and is topped with yoghurt. There's not really any spice on the pizza so it's quite mild. Very tasty.



For dessert, we share a Nutella Dessert Pizza which is served up on a mascarpone base and is topped with banana, strawberries and nutella. I really love nutella desserts so this goes down well. Naturally I'm so full after all these carbs.

Summary: Vapiano is a casual eatery and you should check out their winter menu - my fave is the Pizza Vesuvio.

Price: $20ish for mains


Location: Corner of King and York streets, Sydney CBD


Opening Hours: 

11am to 11pm Monday to Thursday, Sunday
11am to 12pm Friday, Saturday


















                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Vapiano. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Vapiano Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    Spring cleaning Bondi
    End of lease cleaning Potts point
    End of lease cleaning Randwick

    ReplyDelete