Sunday 9 July 2017

Bills, Surry Hills


Over the years, I've heard stellar things about Bills and their breakfast. It's one of those venues that you have on your list to must see. As I was heading off to work interstate, Matt suggests we have breakfast at Bills as a mini send off. 


Matt and I make sure that we head in early as you can't book for breakfast and they only take walk ins. We arrive at 8am  and are able to get a parking spot right across from the restaurant. Bills is mostly filled although luckily there's a table for us immediately as we arrive. It's warm and inviting inside and I smile at the baby at the table next to me.

Matt orders a hot chocolate to start with. It's quite nice seeing the physical spots of chocolate but it also makes for some stirring to get the right amount of sweetness. I order a chai latte which is made from chai tea leaves (not the powder). I add a bit of sugar to make my chai sweeter.



After reading so many good things, Matt and I decide to go with their signature dishes. The first being the corn fritters with bacon, tomato, avocado and spinach. ($23.50 for the corn fritters and $4 for the additional avocado).

The corn fritters are crunchy and are well intact. The creamy avocado makes for textural contrast and the rosemary tomato and bacon bring more flavour to the mix. Matt really enjoys this breakfast dish.


The second dish that is well known is the ricotta hotcakes with banana and honeycomb butter ($22.50). This is my favourite dish with the fluffy and well balanced pancakes are light on the stomach. The syrup and honeycomb butter along with the banana add a sweetness that is not overpowering. I know Matt typically prefers a sweeter dish but I think this is really well balanced. 

I've read a lot of other reviews saying that the Bill's breakfast is nothing special and over priced but I have to say that I think the breakfast dishes are very well executed and enjoyable to eat. I think the price point is a bit high but well warranted after obtaining such a stellar reputation and constantly filling tables - it's demand and supply baby.

Summary: Bills' has light and modern decore.  I highly recommend the hotcakes!! They were my favourite whereas Matt prefers the corn fritters. Get in early for breakfast to get a table as they only accept walk ins. 

Price: $20-30


Location: 359 Crown St, Surry Hills


Opening Hours: 

Mon to Fri - 7am to 10pm
weekends - 7:30am to 10pm




Bills Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    BBQ cleaning Balmain
    End of lease cleaning Blairmount
    End of lease cleaning Bonnyrigg

    ReplyDelete