Monday 17 July 2017

Din Tai Fung, World Square, Sydney CBD - Revisit

I must admit, I go through periods where I crave Din Tai Fung because of it's lovely dumplings. I head back to the World Square Din Tai Fung with my workmates for a nice lunch to celebrate a belated birthday for Kel.
We walk up the stairs on this cold and rainy day and can see a queue forming outside at about 12:30pm on a Wednesday. A short wait with a buzzer and we have a table! We look at the menu and mark on the paper what we want to order.

There are two staple dishes that I always order to satisfy my tastebuds. The first are the chilli shrimp and pork dumplings with noodles. The sauce is crazily sexy with sweet and spicy tones that are addictive and make you wanting more. The noodles are perfect for soaking up that sauce but it's the dumplings that are quickly devoured and my favourite in the sauce. Both Kel and Togias agree that this is the most delicious dish.


My other staple dish is definitely their signature dumplings and arguably the best in Sydney - their xiao long bao pork dumplings. These dumplings are also known as soup dumplings.

They are best eaten in a mixture of vinegar, soy sauce and a bit of chilli. The dumplings come out really hot so you are best to puncture a small hole so you can slowly suck up the soup within the dumpling. However if you wait a bit, you can probably eat the dumpling whole and they will burst in your mouth for a delightful splash. As long as I have these two dishes then I'm happy.



Kel and Togias also suggest we order some chicken dumplings and the shrimp and pork dumplings as well. The dumplings also come out steamed like the xiao long bao dumplings. They are good dumplings but I rarely order anything aside from my staples because they are the perfect combination and dishes to order.



To accompany the dumplings, we also order some green beans with pork mince. They make for some variety and difference in texture. I need some vegetable intake!

Kel asks whether it's normal practise to wave your arm around to get the staff to come to you. I told her that it was common in Asian culture and was not considered rude. The staff don't check on each table in most Asian restaurants so they won't know if you need anything until you indicate so.



Summary: Overall, I've had another delicious and most enjoyable experience at Din Tai Fung. Those chilli shrimp and pork dumplings with noodles are amazing with those xiao long bao. They will forever be in my food memories.

Price: Approx $30 pp


Location: Upstairs World Square, 644 George St, Sydney


Opening Hours: 

Monday - Wed 11:30am to 2:30pm, 5:30pm to 9pm
Thu, Fri 11:30am to 2:30pm, 5pm to 10pm
Sat, Sun 11am to 3pm, 5pm to 9pm


Din Tai Fung Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    BBQ cleaning Alexandria
    End of lease cleaning Barangaroo
    End of lease cleaning Bardia

    ReplyDelete