Friday 28 July 2017

District Cafe, Marrickville


District Cafe in Marrickville is the sister restaurant of Newtown's Satellites Cafe. Matt and I head there for a Sunday brunch facilitated through the guys from AGFG

You never know what to expect in the Inner West so naturally Matt and I walk into District Cafe and immediate notice some eccentric furnishings and decorations. I eye off a few skull decorations at the counter and skull sugar cases. I also look into other room which contrasts with the brightly coloured David Bowie inspired wall. 




I quite dig the tyres (below photo) that are hanging from the roof that are holding plants. It's pretty funky.




Matt and I look at the brightly coloured pink menus and eye off some unique sounding dishes. As it's a cold winter's day, I can't but want something warm and comforting.


There's people coming in and out of the cafe with take away coffees and some people are coming in to sit down. Matt orders a comforting hot chocolate and I settle for an Earl Grey Tea.




  

After some confusion with the staff about our visit, we finally order and I'm starving! I sip from a skull glass of Cherry, cocoa and coconut milkshake ($7) which reminds me of a subtle cherry ripe chocolate bar. Matt prefers more bolder flavours in a shake. I don't mind a milder shake as it means less sugar intake.



So what's on the menu for brunch? I order a Shakshuka with baked eggs, eggplant, peppers, onion, spiced tomato ($18) or you have the option to sub the eggs and chevre for house beans and avo. I really enjoy the Shakshuka as the flavours are very well balanced with the spices and it's really enjoyable to eat with the sourdough. This dish is very hearty and comfortable and was exactly what I was hoping for. Delicious and highly recommended.




For breakfast lovers, most people can't go past the Chopped Truss Tomatoes and Avo Toast with pomegranate, basil (add poached eggs and pickled beets $21 in total). It's a winner winner chicken dinner as Sydney Siders can't get enough of the tomato and avo combination.




For those with a sweet tooth, you won't be able to resist the French Babe ($17) which had dolce butter fruit (pear in my case but it says peach on the menu) with fresh strawberry, pomegranate, hazlenut with black sesame dirt and Turkish ice cream (from the famous Newtown Ice creamery - Hakiki). It was amazing!  This sweet french toast so tasty. There's something really satisfying and textural contrast with the pomegranate and nuts with the soft pear.


Summary: For a satisfying brunch, why not head to District Cafe and enjoy the eccentric decore and delicious food. My favourite dish has to be the Shakshuka baked eggs whereas Matt loves the french babe.

I bet the kiddies would love the skull shakes too.

Price: $20ish per main


Location: 107 Addison Rd, Marrickville


Opening Hours: 9am to 4pm daily




Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of AGFG. All photos, opinions and words are my own.


District Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

8 comments:

  1. This content is written very well. Your use of formatting when making your points makes your observations very clear and easy to understand. Thank you.
    England

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the past, many insurance carriers used to discriminate against mental health services by having different benefits for mental CBD for anxiety and depression than for medical services. For example, a patient could have a plan that paid 80% of covered charges for any medical services, but the insurance only paid a flat $10 for a mental health visit and the patient was responsible for the rest. The patient responsibility in some cases exceeded 80%. Many people felt this was a blatant form of health insurance discrimination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is actually intriguing, You’re an incredibly experienced author. I have joined with your feed and also anticipate finding your really great write-ups. Aside from that, We have shared the blog within our internet sites. Pest Control Companies in Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am frequently to blogging and i also truly appreciate your posts. Your content has really peaks my interest. I am about to bookmark your web site and keep checking for brand spanking new details. https://royalcbd.com/product/cbd-gummies-10mg/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    BBQ cleaning Western Suburbs
    End of lease cleaning Sydney
    End of lease cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  7. These appearance thus costly reason for the packaging. the Color is pleasant and would look nice on tanned or pale skin.
    Regards:
    Cherry Gummys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Informative and Precise Blog.It helped me alot in my Queries. Good Work Keep it Up!
    CBD Vegan Gummies

    ReplyDelete