Monday 18 September 2017

Chatkaatz Sweets, Harris Park, Taste Food Tour Part 2


I decide to check out the Harris Park Food Taste Tour. The Taste Food Tours is a not-for-profit organisation that is designed to promote diversity and cultural harmony. After a cracker of a start with some Indian street food, it's now time to experience some desserts. Next stop is Chatkaatz Sweets in Harris Park.
Our tour leader tells us about Barfis. This little store is a delight for an Indian sweet called barfi, apparently it comes from the Indian word meaning snow. Barfis come in all sorts of flavours and is a dense milk confectionary.

We start to sample all sorts of sweets including the cashew barfi, pistachio barfi, fig barfi and milk cake. The staff at Chatkaaz sweets tell us that the most popular and most bought is the traditional milk cake. Sometimes they cater for big events wanting authentic sweets.


You can also order Barfi by weight if you want to take some sweets home. I've never tasted barfi before so it was a cultural experience for me. I can see MW is really enjoying his stop as MW always has a sweet tooth. My favourite Barfi is probably the fig one as it's very sweet. 

Lovely! What a great stop on the Taste Food Tour. What's next?




Chatkazz Sweets & Namkeen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    BBQ cleaning Botany
    End of lease cleaning Berowra Waters
    End of lease cleaning Barra Brui

    ReplyDelete