Monday, 11 September 2017

Haven Tailoring Coffee Joyously, Surry Hills


You'll often see a large queue outside Haven Tailoring Coffee Joyously even with all the light rail work that hides most of the area. I come back for some brunch with Matt on a cold and windy day.
We arrive at approximately 12:30pm on a Saturday afternoon and there's a 25 minute wait. Although I notice about 1:30pm, the queue seems to ease up. While we wait, I look at the menu and decide what to eat.



I people watch and finally, it's time for us to be seated. Out of a random thirst craving, I order orange juice ($6) and Matt orders a hot chocolate ($5). The hot chocolate is an indulgent hot chocolate made from 73% dark chocolate. The juice is cold pressed (quite pricey) but refreshing.





MW orders the Chicken Attack ($22) with smokey chicken maryland, roasted taro, okra, banana fritters and spicy green flavours. It's quite a unique combination. MW is confused about the little banana fritter pieces but enjoys the succulent chicken with the spicy green sauce.

I order the It's not a benedict ($17) has two poached eggs, rosemary potato rosti, sweet potato skordalia, yoghurt, tuscan cabbage, burnt sage butter. The yoghurt makes the dish slightly sour which is a turn off for me but I like the crunchy potato rosti  and the eggs are perfectly poached.



Summary: A nice little cafe with Asian Fusion delights, most famous for their egg waffles. I'm not sure the wait was worthwhile as I am incredibly impatient and hangry at brunch. I have been here once before and highly recommend the pork belly burger. I like the fact that they have different teas and blends of coffee though. 

Price: $16-22 for most mains


Location: 30-34 Chalmers St, Surry Hills


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Friday 7am to 3pm
Weekends 8am to 3pm


Haven Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. awesome!! i would try here.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post, love this sharing so much, thank you!

    ReplyDelete