Tuesday 19 September 2017

Velsha's Indian Take away, Harris Park, Taste Food Tour Part 3


I'm really enjoying the Taste Food Tour so far in Harris Park. I had quite a bit to eat at the first stop and second stop so I am almost full however I will try and pace myself moving forward. 

Have you heard of Taste Food Tours? They are a not-for-profit organisation that promote diversity and cultural harmony. They aim to support local cultural hubs. The next stop is Velsha's Indian Take Away.


Velsha's Indian Take Away is a little restaurant that is very clean and family run. Our tour leader talks through some of the special Indian dishes that Velsha's does really well and talks about some of the different regions of India. 

Today, we are tasking Dosa, Idi with sambar (yellow lentil based gravy) and coconut chutney. I've had dosa once before when one of my friends took me on an adventure and I absolutely loved it.

The Dosa at Velsha's is delicious, light, fluffy and crepe like. Texturally it feels like a fried cheese but it's actually made from a fermented batter made of rice and black gram. The Dosa is really nice to dip into the coconut chutney.




The dish that I've never heard of and have never tasted was the Idi with sambar. It's an South Indian dish and is commonly eaten for breakfast. It's a savoury cake that is quite neutral in taste but makes for the perfect dish to soak up condiments. I'm told it's often served up with sambar and coconut chutneys. 

The Idi is quite foreign to me and out of my comfort zone but I really enjoy trying something new and learning about the different food from the different regions in India.

I'm loving this Food Taste Tour! What's next?


Velsha's Indian Takeaway Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

9 comments:

  1. I am glad to see your blog with insightful content. I just appreciate you for that kind of effort. Thanks and keep posting. Best Indian Restaurant in brunswick east

    ReplyDelete
  2. It beyond any doubt is a simple method to quiet your yearning evil spirits down when you can't oversee nourishment by going out to a store. coyote terre haute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog with informative information. Thanks for sharing with us. best indian restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    BBQ cleaning Glebe
    End of lease cleaning Birrong
    End of lease cleaning Berowra Waters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! that dish looks so yummy and delicious. Thanks for sharing. If you happened to be in Sydney want to eat Indian, should visit Indian Restaurant in Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food is looking delicious, thanks for the post. We have an Indian Restaurant in Sydney you can try different Indian dishes here. Visit our website for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you looking for best Indian Restaurant in Sydney? then contact at The Grand Pavilion. visit our website and know more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing post, we also serve Indian food at our Indian Restaurant in Sydney for more information you can check out our official website.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you are craving to eat Indian food for a long time then visit Sylvania Indian Restaurant in Sydney and order from a wide menu of dishes.

    ReplyDelete