Monday 25 December 2017

My top eats 2017

How was your 2017? I hope you've had an incredibly fulfilling, happy and delicious year and conquered all of life's challenges. Here is a look back at some of my favourite eats this year. I'm so incredibly grateful for the high quality food in Sydney. Here are some of fave memories for 2017

#5 Cafe Favourites


It was a great year for brunch and some really hearty, delicious and satisfying food. I must confess, it had been on my list for some time but it was only in 2017 that I checked out Harry's Bondi which was absolutely delicious although the parking was horrible.  I also want to mention some suburban gems including North Ryde's The Dining and Co.  There's also the very popular The Weston Eatery in Canley Vale which I highly recommend checking out this venue. The cafe that has a touch of different and delicious food was The District in Marrickville. The menu is simple but the food was remarkable. The decore is random. Thanks to all the great cafes out there. 

#4 Asian Delights
I Love Pho
I really enjoyed my fair share of Asian food too in particular Kreta Ayer in Chatswood which was a huge feast in Singaporean/Malaysian cuisine. I've got great memories of Ms Gs which was a great display of Asian Fusion with a Modern twist (those cheeseburger spring rolls). I also have had a lot of Korean and Japanese BBQ with my favourite being Suminoya for high quality meats and sashimi. For a long period of time I have been eating Vietnamese food and I was delighted at the new additions to the menu at I Love Pho in Crows Nest. 


#3 Experiences
Ninou

When I reflect back on my favourite food/wine venues that really created a sense of experience, a few come to mind in particular the $$ fancy dinners I've had at at Ormeggio and Lumi.

There's also a few other venues that Latin American food and cocktails made an impression on me at Tequila Mockingbird in Paddington. I also really enjoyed the new space in Chippendale on Kensington St at Hand Picked Wines Cellar. I will also have to give a special shout out to french cafe Ninou which really excited my senses. 

#2 European Delights 
Pasta Emilia
I have so many fond memories of tapas and it was impossible not to like the newly opened Encasa in Lane Cove. I also really enjoyed new restaurant Loluk in Surry Hills. BUT it was Italian cuisine that dictated my palette this year with so many good memories with honourable mentions to Society Di Catania in Potts Point and authentic flavours from Pasta Emilia in Surry Hills. Matt's favourite though has to be Capriccio Osteria in Leichhardt - my taste buds are tingling at the thought. I highly recommend this restaurant.

#1 Things that make you go yummmm
Restaurant Plage





















The restaurant that really lifted my food feelings for the year 
goes to Restaurant Plage. A fusion of Japanese flavours with french cuisine absolutely won me over along with their casual and cosy decore in Cremorne. There is a real balance of flavours and textures that really makes my mouth water. 

Meat plays a big role and on behalf of Matt, I have to make honourable mentions also go to One Penny Red in Summer Hill which also left me with fond smokey meat memories and also Mordeo in Sydney CBD.

Thanks for your support in 2017 and hope you have a wonderful and amazing xmas and holiday break. See you in 2018.

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    Spring cleaning Waterloo
    Spring cleaning Sydney
    Spring cleaning Sydney Olympic Park

    ReplyDelete