Saturday 27 January 2018

Harvest Breakfast Buffet, The Star


About once a year, my family insists on a visit to the Harvest Buffet. On this occasion, we go for breakfast and there's a few more choices that I quite like.  I notice a few new things this time round. So what's on offer?



We arrive at about 8:15 am and there's already quite a few tables about. Firstly as you enter there's the Asian section with glazed char su pork and prawn crackers, side condiments to make a bao, congee and side condiments and fried rice and fried noodles. On this occasion I skip this section except for a cheeky prawn cracker. 








Then there's a traditional section with big pork cutlets, hash browns, bacon, wedges, vegetarian fritatas, poached egg on bacon and english muffin.








This main area gets the most action with scrambled eggs, sausages, baked beans, mushrooms, croissants and boiled eggs. This is also the area where you can request a freshly made omelette which I do. I order an omelette with spinach, tomato and onion. There's a short queue forming but I really enjoy the freshly made omelette. With a bit of food envy, my mum also asks me to request one for her after seeing my omelette.










After the main breakfast area, there's a small Indian section with a few curries and you can get some rice as well. I don't eat anything from this section. I am selective today.




Across from the Indian section, there's a small area of cold cut meats, smoked salmon and salad ingredients.





I walk into the well lit area towards the back and this is my new favourite area with a number of juices in small little glasses. I also grab one of the yoghurts and I like the little granola bowls too. There's also a coconut sago. I love this new offering. I top up my breakfast with fruit as well.








I see a few kids going for the sweets section which I avoid as I've had my fair share over xmas.








Then there's the section that probably gets the least amount of action which is cereal. 





I also cut off a small mount of cheese and crackers while Matt goes for one of the pastries. People are also making toast which I thought was interesting - most people avoid the heavy carbs at a buffet.








My brother also goes for a waffle and a pancake. They are slowly made as I figure the chef wants them to be freshly eaten.




The only naughty thing that I end up with is putting a strawberry into the chocolate fountain. I love how fun it is and I see some kids nearby enjoying the fountain with their dad.




So overall, the buffet has not significantly changed since I went last year except with some minor additions in the  yoghurt / sago area. I made use of the ordering an omelette which was really nice. My favourites were the omelette, yoghurts/fruit and some decadent cheese.

It's a nice way to bond with the family as they love the buffet.


Harvest Buffet Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    End of lease cleaning Paddington
    End of lease cleaning Bondi
    End of lease cleaning Neutral Bay

    ReplyDelete