Thursday 22 March 2018

Royal Treasure, Burwood


Royal Treasure is a Yum Cha eatery located in Burwood. I absolutely am falling in love with Burwood when it comes to delicious and reasonably priced food. I head to Royal Treasure for a Sunday yum cha with Matt.

Royal Treasure is located in Burwood nearby the bus station.  I arrive at 10am when Royal Treasure opens on Sundays because I've walked past before where I've seen an EPIC line. It's also easier to get parking in Burwood so I think it was a good idea to get there earlier.

It's their first year anniversary so they currently have a number of specials and discounts to celebrate. You should contact them to find out more. 

We are seated straight away into the eatery and there's instantly a nice flow of trolleys full. We start off with the BBQ Roast Pork Rice Noodles (It's called Cheung Fun) in a light, sweet soy sauce. The noodles are silky smooth and very enjoyable to eat. I dab my rice noodles with chilli sauce. Yum.





 I also pour some jasmine tea to complement the rice noodles. I also really like the additional flask of hot water which meant that we were never short on tea. It's a big tick from me as I am forever drinking tea at yum cha. 


Matt also loves BBQ pork buns so we had to get some. They taste really good and are comparable to most top yum cha eateries in Sydney. The buns are soft, moist and warm. The BBQ pork filling is saucey and flavoursome.



Matt is allergic to shell fish so I enjoy my prawn dumplings (they are called Har Gow) on my own with some chilli sauce and of course with more tea. As you can see there's full prawns in the Har Gow. The skin falls off the Har Gow when I pick up the dumpling.



I also order my favourite dumplings which are the Prawn and Garlic Chives. It's the balance of those garlic flavours with the prawn that I really enjoy. These ones from Royal Treasure were quite good.





Matt's favourite dish at Royal Treasure are these BBQ Pork Pastries. The pastry is sweet and the filling is also sweet and additionally saucey. I'd definitely recommend ordering these pastries.





For dessert, Matt and I share the egg tarts and also the mango pancakes. The pastry on the egg tarts are really flakey and fall apart in my hands. I prefer the mango pancakes as they were quite refreshing in the end with the cream and mango pieces. It was a great way to finish the meal.



Summary: I thought Royal Treasure was a great Yum Cha eatery and I can understand why it's so popular. I'd suggest booking for big groups or turning up very early to ensure no wait time. 

My favourite dishes were the prawn and garlic dumplings and the BBQ pork pastries. I thought the flask of hot water was great to ensure I didn't have to flag down the staff to refill the tea.  Yum Cha is only available during the day time.

Price: Approx $50-60 for two people


Location: Shop 16, Level 2, 31/27 Belmore Rd, Burwood


Opening Hours:
Monday to Friday 11am to 3pm; 5:30pm to 10pm (10:30pm on Friday and Saturday)

Saturday and Sunday 10am to 3pm, 5:30pm to 10pm 


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Royal Treasure Seafood Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment