Monday 23 April 2018

Chir Chir, Burwood


I head to Chir Chir which is a Korean restaurant located in Burwood. Matt is a big fan of Korean Fried Chicken and I am eager to check out a new venue that I haven't been to before.

As I walk in, I notice the bright lights and colourful seats. I head here for a late lunch and see a number of tables of people laughing and enjoying hot pot, korean fried chicken and a number of other dishes. There's one lady that's rushing around trying to serve a number of tables. It's about 3:30pm and they probably won't expecting too many people at this time.

I look at the menu and there's lots to choose from. There's so many chicken dishes to choose from. We are served some radish and corn as side dishes to start off with as I start ordering some food. I'm absolutely famished after a day of house hunting with Matt.




I have to order their most popular dish on the menu. It's called Venus Cheesy Chicken ($34.80 for full portion or $20 for half). I order the half portion as I want to order a few other dishes. This dish is basically made of fried chicken strips with a variety of cheeses. The staff come out to carry a little hot pot burner to melt the the cheese at the bottom. Then there's more cheese poured on top.  I also notice there's potato wedges and random bits of broccoli also in the cheese.  I've never had fried chicken with cheesy liquid before. It feels unfamiliar to me.




I pierce a piece of chicken with my fork for a closer look. It looks pretty good, doesn't it? It was tasty but I think I prefer the traditional Korean Fried Chicken.



Out of curiousity, I also order an Hawaii Pizza ($16.80). I've never had pizza at a Korean restaurant before. It's served up on a wafer thin tortilla base and has pepperoni, cheese and super sweet chunks of pineapple. I really like the pizza especially the sweetness from the pineapple.  Matt is a bit disappointed as it doesn't resemble a traditional pizza. I tell Matt that Asian Pizza is different. I like that the base is thin and the toppings dominate.





 The highlight of the meal for Matt is the Spicy Chicken ($34 for full portion or $18 for half portion). The spicy chicken is mildly spicy which is crunch on the outside and has that spicy drizzled sauce and has nice chicken flesh. Nom Nom Nom. I regret only ordering the half portion, I think Matt and I could have easily eaten the full portion. The crunchy coating is what makes the chicken a winner winner chicken dinner.



To finish off the meal, I order the Chir Caprese Salad ($14.80) which has seasonal fruit, salad and cheese with a sweet dressing. The fruit and in particular the honeydew melon and kiwi fruit and strawberry really make for a sweet twist to what you'd normally expect in a savoury salad.



Summary: Chir Chir in Burwood has an extensive menu. So whether you are looking for hot pot, fried chicken or bibimbap - it's all there for you to choose from. I'd suggest trying the fried chicken and why not try the caprese salad.

Price: $50 ish per person

Location: 27 Belmore St, Burwood


Opening Hours: 

Sunday, Monday to Thursday 11:30am to 10:30pm
Friday and Saturday 11:30am to 12am



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Chir Chir Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

19 comments:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    End of lease cleaning Sydney Olympic Park
    End of lease cleaning Sydney
    End of lease cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. طريقة عزل الحمامات
    العزل المائي يُعتبر العزل المائي من الأساليب المُبتكرة لمعالجة ما يُسمّى بالتسرّب المائي الذي يحدث نتيجة انفجار
    أو تلف مواسير المياه الممدودة داخل العقارات المختلفة سواءً في المباني السكنية، أم الفنادق، أم المستشفيات.

    من المهم جداً معالجة التسرب المائي لأنّه يتسبب في ضعف وتَفتت الباطون ممّا يؤدي إلى انهياره، وتآكل الحديد أو أي هيكلٍ معدني، ويسبب أيضاً انفصال الجدران عن البناء، وتشويه المنظر العام بظهور البقع الصفراء على السطح الخارجي، ونمو البكتيريا والطحالب، وتلف البلاط بانفصاله عن الأرضيات، وتلف وتشويه الدّهان والطّلاء الدّاخلي للجدار، وبعد التّعرف على سلبيات التّسرب المائي سنجد أن أكثر الأماكن التي تعاني من هذه المشكلة هي الحمامات.
    شركة إنشاء مسابح بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بالاحساء

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty component to content. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to say that I get in fact enjoyed account your weblog posts. Any way I will be subscribing on your feeds or even I success you access constantly fast. 야동

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing issues here. I am very glad to see your post. Thanks so much and I’m taking a look forward to contact you. 오피

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog right here! Additionally your site a lot up very fast! What host are you the use of? Can I am getting your associate hyperlink in your host? I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours 마사지

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Impressive Thanks for the post! Carry on, don’t stop! Thanks for any other great article. The place else could anybody get that kind of info in such a perfect means of writing?
    I have a presentation subsequent week, and I’m at the search for such info."

    건전마사지

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! I must go their and if you are finding best korean restaurant in glen waverley then must go Krispy Chook restaurant. They provide best korean food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. 9c283d85f9f9125fcefc234956225da6
    numara onay
    sms onay
    website kurma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. 845944eb118bfab8b7d5cb411c37939f
    define dedektörü

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your article. 9c5dbe82228b9de1d70a42f499c3a330
    evde iş imkanı

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an AWESOME idea, C하남출장샵aitlin! I love giving pretty gifts, but still something that will be useful and not just placed on a shelf to collect dust You are so creative, I'm sure the bride loved it!

    ReplyDelete