Monday 12 October 2015

Simply Noodles, Macquarie Park

This was my first time at Simply Noodles which was recommended by my mother. There's one at Top Ryde and one at Macquarie Park that I've seen. Both look like clean, modern noodle houses which seem to be sporadically busy. I'm surprised at the zomato rating of 2.6/5 (although it's only based on a handful of people). I would support a rating of 3/5.

The BBQ Duck with Singaporean noodles was the choice for my mum. She tells me she orders this every time. I managed to try some of the duck which was very juicy and delicious. Just be wary of all the bones that come with this dish. If you don't mind, it's quite a generous serving of delicious noodles and duck. I'd recommend this dish.


As you can see in the decore photo above, it's a modern, cleaner version than most Chinese eateries.  My vegetarian sibling had a much more limited choice and opted for the Hokkien Noodles. The Vegetarian Noodle dish had broccoli, mushrooms, greens, corn, capsicum and carrot. A plain and consistent dish but I guess vegetarians often are limited in choice. 


I also ordered the seafood with rice noodles (below). It was a nice dish with lots of fish, prawns and crab. The broth was not bad. Overall, Simply Noodles provides a consistent experience with recognisable flavours but in a much cleaner environment. The portions are good so it's unlikely you will leave hungry.

Prices: Most noodle dishes are $15-17

Location: Level 3, Macquarie Centre, Corner of Herring and Waterloo Rd, Macquarie Park, Sydney, NSW

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 6/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 6/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10
 


Click to add a blog post for Simply Noodles on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment