Friday 25 August 2017

Emperor's Puff, Chinatown - Taste Food Tour part 2


Have you been on a Taste Food Tour before? These tours are great for discovering an area that you may not be familiar with or with a cuisine(s) that you want to learn more about. Taste Food Tours are a not-for-profit organisation that aims to promote diversity, harmony and gives back to local diverse communities. This is part 2 of the China Town Taste Food Tour. 

As we walk from Petaling Malaysian restaurant, we walk down the main strip of George st. Our tour leader talks about all the heritage listed buildings as we walk along and talks about some of the architecture and the history of where China town was located and how it's changed. It's really interesting actually.

We walk down and see the Golden Water Mouth Sculpture. I have walked past this tree many times without really closely examining the sculpture. I have a few drops of water sprout out on my head.  I duck and walk ahead. 

There's a lot of work going on with the light rail at the moment. We walk and head to the entrance of Chinatown which is right across from Market City. The are gorgeous lights that shine a bit of colour across the sky.




Next up is a venue that I am very familiar with and am a regular when there is not a long line. My work mates can attest to this. Emperor's Puff is an institution and is so popular, it can often have large queues of 30 or more people. It's a hole in the wall made from a machine and a small space that looks questionable however I've been here several times and only had good experiences.



When I am feeling a bit greedy - I always go for the 18 Emperor Puffs for $5. These little balls of heaven are really hot so be careful when you get your box or small pouch. I suggest you bite into them slowly and allow the custard to cool by gently squeezing the ball.  Then simply eat the ball whole. They are so good.

The custard is light and the shoe pastry is fluffy. Perfection.





Emperor's Puffs Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    BBQ cleaning Paddington
    End of lease cleaning Western Suburbs
    End of lease cleaning Southern Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite Indian Restaurant in Sydney is called The Grand Pavilion and it’s the best place to chill out and have the most amazing Indian meals.

    ReplyDelete