Tuesday 8 August 2017

Flying Egg, St Leonards

I check out Flying Egg recently which is a cafe located in St Leonards. I've had the pleasure of dining at the owner's other venue in Rydalmere so I had some pretty high expectations given the quality i've experienced before.
Flying Egg is located in the forum in St Leonards which is right outside St Leonard's station. As you enter, you can see white exposed brick and brightly lit windows. I like the vibe, the decore is modern, sleek and inviting.  Matt and I sit down nearby the big windows so we can enjoy some sunshine.



The owner tells me that the locals are loving their coffees. Matt settles for a Fine Belgium Hot Chocolate ($5) on this occasion and he smiles sweetly at me as he can taste the real legit chocolate. I settle for my usual Chai Latte ($4.5) which is smooth with vanilla tones. I sip the chai latte and start to wake up properly.


So now it's time to eat! First up is the Burger Burger ($20) which is a double wagyu pattie burger with 2 slices of cheddar cheese,tomato, lettuce, dill, gherkins, caramelised onion with a house made sauce and a side of steak cut chips. 

This is a two hand job and get ready to bite into those juicy wagyu patties. The house made sauce has a subtle smokey chipotle tones and is almost like a big mac sauce. Matt basically devours this burger and I also really enjoy the crunchy chips. Recommended!



I also have a very healthy and tasty Salmon Salad ($18) with confit salmon,cherry tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber, quince, beetroot relish and eggplant.  This salad was incredibly filling with all the confit salmon pieces and had a good variety of textures of the soft eggplant, crunchy capsicum and had a nice beetroot relish under pinning everything. Keep it light and healthy!



Summary: Stop by for a leisurely cafe brunch at Flying Egg. I predict the locals of St Leonards will really enjoy this new cafe. I'll have to come back to check out their breakfasts!

Price: $15-20ish for most lunch places


Location: 201/205 Pacific High Way, St Leonards (inside the forum)


Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday 7am to 4pm



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Ompty Media. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Flying Egg St Leonards Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. this restaurant foods is very tasty and but they also talk about the restaurant on rating and review sites.
    Visit us Our Website
    Rashays
    Best Restaurant in Sydney
    Rashays Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    BBQ cleaning Bondi Junction
    End of lease cleaning Sydney Olympic Park
    End of lease cleaning Sydney

    ReplyDelete