Sunday 4 February 2018

Since I Left You (SILY), Sydney CBD


It's been some years since I've been SILY. It's an intimate little bar with an outside courtyard. I recall having amazing cocktails in a slender bar. As I come back with Matt, we walk down a little enchanted walk way and sit down in the sleek and alternative little bar.


I've been in Brisbane for a busy week of work so I really just needed some chill time back in Sydney. Matt and I order some cocktails and sit back and relax.





The cocktails were amazing last time I was here and did not disappoint second time around. I order the Citrus Self Down ($18) with Vodka O, Aperol, Elderflower Liquer and lemon. It was incredibly refreshing and delicious at the same time. This is my happy time. Matt goes for the Big Daddy Cane ($18) with Pure Cane Spirit, Lime, Orange and Pomegranate. 


I would recommend starting off with Nick's famous Guacamole with corn chips ($10).  It's a generous sized portion of guac and corn chips that will easily be shared and ignite those tastebuds. I love that avo and the chips are slightly salty so it will leave your lips smackin'.

One of the staff tell me Nick is on his buck's night and I ponder whether he will have a wild night where he will be without eyebrows the next day.




Next up is the Cheese Burger Toastie ($16) which has ground beef pattie, caramelised onions, cornichons, le superbe swiss gruyere, ketchup and mustard with a serve of crunchy tiny french fries. This is my favourite dish of the night as it's delicious and with those cheesey and beef flavours. It was like a cheeseburger but not quite. Delicious and recommend!




Next up is the Waffalafels ($10) which are waffle cooked falafels served with a lemon tahihi sauce.  This dish as you can imagine is highly creative with falafel flavoured waffles but it was odd for me at the same time. You taste falafel but texturally it's like a waffle. It's missing that familiar crunchy coating and that moist and crumbly filling. So worth checking if you want to try something different. I personally would order another savoury dish.



For dessert, Matt and I share the Banofee Waffle ($16) with caramelised Banana waffle, served with maple syrup, whipped cream and banana pieces. This flavour combination with the waffle was delicious. The sweet maple syrup with that cream combined with banana waffle was a winner for me. I'd recommend checking this one out.



Summary: Overall, Since I left you was a nice bar with delicious cocktails. It's a great place for a date or a catch up with friends.

My fave dishes were the Cheeseburger Toastie and that bananofee waffle. There's also a nice court yard out back and they accept bit coin!

Price: $10-16 for most dishes on the menu


Location: 338 Kent St, Sydney


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Friday 11:30am to 2pm, 4:30pm to 12am
Saturday: 6pm to 12am
Sunday: closed



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Since I Left You Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment